There is a beauty cure-all provided by nature, and it's called Coconut Oil. This beauty staple has a long shelf life and a number of benefits. A jack-of-all-trades people have discovered many uses from health to beauty benefits.
Celebrities count it among their favorite natural ingredients, and you should, too. Here are some ways to incorporate it into your daily routine. After you read this, you'll definitely want to try and buy our Coconut Tangerine Melt, which is made from Organic Coconut oil and a hint of Tangerine to provide an amazing product.
1. Makeup Remover: Even the most resistant waterproof mascara doesn't stand a chance against coconut oil. Apply it directly to the face as an oil cleanser, or let it sit on your skin with a cotton pad. Makeup will melt away.
2.Body Moisturizer: Sweet-smelling coconut oil is rich in fatty acids, making it an effective moisturizer, and it absorbs quickly, explains cosmetic chemist Ni'Kita Wilson. That's really key, because it means that the oil makes your skin look more glowy than lotion-y — which is why it's a favorite of models like Frida Gustavsson, who has worked with Dior, Chanel, and Valentino. "It makes your skin soft and radiant," she told Allure.
3. Face Moisturizer: Just as you can use it on your body, you can use coconut oil on your face to moisturize your skin. It's particularly effective as a primer to soften the skin before applying makeup. It'll give you a glowy, dewy look after you apply your foundation.
4. Makeup Brush Cleaner: Cleaning your makeup brushes should be a monthly ritual. You can use a DIY cleanser that's two parts antibacterial soap and one part coconut oil.
5. Lip Balm: Coconut oil is the ideal remedy for chapped lips especially because it's semisolid at room temperature. Pack a bit in a miniature jar and smooth over lips throughout the day.
6. Tinted Lip Gloss: Take your coconut oil lip balm to the next level by turning it into the tinted gloss. It's as simple as you might imagine: mix up coconut oil with bits of old lipstick.
7. Undereye Cream: Don't want to spend the extra money on eye cream? Use a dab of coconut oil on undereye bags and fine lines. It's light enough for the most delicate skin on your face.
8. Body Scrub: Mix half a cup of coconut oil with a handful of coarse salt or sugar to create an exfoliator. The moisturizing oil will last long after the grains have melted away.
9. Lip Scrub: Combine one tablespoon of coconut oil with two tablespoons of brown sugar and one tablespoon of honey. Mix it all together and you've got a delicious DIY lip scrub!
10. Massage Oil: Warm our coconut oil in the microwave.
11. Shaving Cream: Use coconut oil and shea butter as a base to get a closer shave that leaves legs smooth instead of dried out. To create your own coconut oil shaving cream from scratch, try this DIY shave-cream recipe. from Popsugar. It's so easy. Grate a block of shea butter soap until you get 3/4 of a cup of shavings. These shavings will be the base of the shaving cream. From there, add two tablespoons of coconut oil and 1/4 of a cup of witch hazel. Bring it all to a boil. The soap should melt in about five minutes. Once the mixture is entirely melted, add in 1/4 of a cup of aloe vera gel (for its healing properties) and a few drops of essential oil for an amazingly sweet smell.